Crab Cake Eating Contest Sponsored by Sherri’s Crab Cakes
Sign up at Sherri’s Crab Cake Food vending tent
Must be 18 years old
Saturday @ 4:30pm, Sunday @ 2:30pm
Crab Picking Contest Sponsored By Joe’s Seafood
Sign up at the info booth down the main fairway
Heats on Sunday from 2pm – 2:30pm by the main stage
Finals on the main stage at 4:30pm
1. Heats one, two, and three (5) minute picking time – *Finals (7) Minute picking time
2. Only your hands, and supplied knives, mallets and sheller, can be used to pick crabs.
3. Pick as much crab meat as you can, in the allowed time.
4. Contestants will be given a countdown, to start picking. Hands up, when time is called. Anyone still picking after time is called, will be disqualified.
5. All crab meat must be in the supplied cups, when time is called, or will not count.
6. Each contestant will submit their cups of crab meat, to be weighed by the Judges.
7. Shells do not count. Large shells and anything that is not crab meat will be removed by the Judges. Any shells that have meat attached will be given (1) shake and then removed. We WILL NOT re-pick your submission.
8. Contestants with the top 3 heaviest weights, will move on the the final championship round.
9. In the event of a tie for first, second, or third place, a coin flip will determine placement .
10. After weigh-in, contestants may eat what they have picked.
*Same rules will apply to the Final Championship round with the exception of time. Time will be extended to 7 minutes. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 weights.